Friday, March 13, 2009

Clones

Cloning is a process whereby a scientist in a deep underground laboratory somewhere in a vast desert far away captures cells and grows them into things like exact replicas or maybe cows with extra legs.

So, the theory is that if I cloned myself then the world would be subjected to another me for another X amount of years after I'm gone or maybe (hee hee hee hee) two or three of me while me, the original, is still walking around. Ohh, that would be a pretty powerful tool in a relationship, "Honey, if you don't do what I want I'm gonna pull three more of me to gang up on you". "Yes dear" would be the standard answer.

Oh Yeahhhhh!!

I've been told I'm a clone, a clone of my own mother. AHHHHGGGGHHHHH! NOOOOOOO! Say it isn't so!!!!! Oh, wait, she's intelligent, good looking, talented...... ok, NO!!!! Yeah, NO!!!!!

It could be true, I've heard her voice and words come out of my own mouth, directed towards my children when she was miles and MILES away. Now I know she's a Mother, has eyes in the back of her head, and I truly believe she can see through walls and across the yard..... Maybe it was her, and I only thought it was me speaking. OH NO! Maybe she's clairvoyant and, being a Mother, has special powers and she just blips into my body now and then.....

Oh, this is getting complicated... But it gets worse.

There seems to be three of us, all clones of each other. Me, Mom, and my sister. Aw geez, that could be good, it could be a disaster!

We were all three rolling/walking down the hallway at the nursing home, following our Mother as she was going to the shower. Just before my sister and I turned off to go home we heard her say to the nurse, "Do you have my shirt?" "Yes" came the answer from the poor nurse. "Do you have my pants?" "Yes", and "Do you have my Undies?" "Yes."

My sister and I looked at each other, eyebrows slightly raised and moved on to the car. On the way home my sister drove and I said "Make a left here" and "Slow down for this turn" and it hit us. There are three of us walking around in this world!

Next day we went to visit her again and our fears were confirmed. Mom said, "Don't forget to turn your headlights on when you drive home".

Clones. Some mad scientist in a deep underground laboratory in a desert far, far away met with success. He made three of us.

I wonder if his name was Dr. Fletcher?

No comments:

Post a Comment