Monday, July 5, 2010

There's nerve and there's THE nerve

Last week I bought a new semi-conservative swim suit. Today I spent several hours screwing up enough nerve to prance (feeling half naked) to the pool and get in.
I walk to the pool. I get in. I take a nice swim. There's a few kids there, playing, all's ok.

I go sit in a lounge chair, lean back and read until the sun makes my eyes sleepy. I close my eyes. I realize I have one leg down and one up. Too provocative a pose? I put my leg down. I decide it's ok to sit that way because there's only women and children there and they're all dressed WAY more skimpy than I am.
I doze off. I worry about sunburn on parts that haven't seen sun since I was at least 12. I don't care. I doze some more.

I hear a splashing near the end of the pool I am at.

I open my eyes to see who's drowning. It's a man. Kids and women are A-L-L the way at the other end of the pool. The man is floating on his back on a pool floatie thingy. He glances my way. I ignore him, and pick up my book.

Presently I hear furious splashing, not just a little splish-splash, SPLOOSH! SPLASH! I glance up again, against my will. It's still the man. I wonder, 'what, is he drowning NOW? Do I have to go safe him or something?'

He glances my way again, adjusts his swim trunks, front and center part. I look away. Weigh my options. Stay or go? The women and children are still A-L-L the way at the other end of the pool. The man glances at me again.

I leave. End of story. W. T. F.!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SO not funny, but funny anyway. Poor guy probably has NO idea why his speedo-charm didn't work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the dumb boor was good looking too. go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!! I'm sorry, but that was FUNNY!!! He figured his clumsy swan dance in the pool would SO enamor you that you'd fall into the pool right into his arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA Karen! fooled him, didn't I??

    ReplyDelete