Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Are you Mr Eshelman?

I was dreaming that I was moving back into the spooky house, the haunted house I lived in as a kid. The attic was really, REALLY scary, there was a small door at the end of the hallway by the bathroom where the ghost could come into our part of the house, the ghost watched over us as he/it allowed us to go to the bathroom and leave the upstairs immediately.

I had all my stuff moved into the house, but didn't stay there at night. I just didn't feel ready, so I visited it during the day. In the dream there was a bathroom downstairs that had a hole in the wall to the outside, and critters could come in and out at will, so I plugged the hole and closed the door. One day when I was visiting the house, my cat Smokey got spooked and ran out, I went to the room he ran out of to see what was up and found a litter of kittens there. I grabbed one by the scruff of it's neck and, trying to keep if from scratching/biting me, I ran to the bathroom where the hole was, and now it was a door. I flung the door open only to find a drop of about 3 feet, no steps.

I threw the cat out and did the same with two more. My heart was pounding, whew, it was only stray cats, not a ghost!

Next day I was walking home from Parmers store, across the field with another family and my dog Kelita. We were trudging through the snow and had to go past the old house to get to my new one. It would have been easier to go through the old house than to keep plowing through deep snow and the other family questioned me, I told them I forgot about that option.

As soon as I got away from the house and close to my front porch it became summer, the family said goodbye and went on their way. I went into the old house to visit, (I guess, don't remember why I was in there) and I heard *BOOM* *BOOM* coming from above. It didn't sound like kittens, it sounded like someone pounding their feet on the upper floor.

I ran outside and towards my new house, and feeling compelled and frightened at the same time. I turned to look at the attic windows. There, in the window, peering back at me, was a bearded man, looking very angry. "Are you Mr. Eshelman?" I asked. "NO", the voice boomed back at me, "I OWN this house and YOU STAY OUT!"

I said I didn't own the house, I was only renting it and then noticed that is was sitting on MY land, only feet from my house. I was terrified, that I lived so close to that evil house, and couldn't easily move away.

I struggled awake as the bearded face in the window screamed "GET OUT" and "HAHAHA, you DO own it!!".

3 comments:

  1. yikes! I was going to say I'm glad I don't have dreams about that house, but I'm told that indeed, I do. But mostly when I dream of that place, I dream that the evil in that house has found me.

    I say, Let us exorcise the place from our hearts and souls.

    SWEET dreams from now on, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sweet dreams indeed. Thing is, I never plan on having a spooky dream when I go to bed! Must have been something I ate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so odd recording a disturbing dream? You try to write it exactly as it came to you, but it always seems so distorted when you read it back to yourself, almost like the picture continually shifts, like it's under a foot of water. So bizarre... Then you wonder if it makes sense to anyone reading it.

    It makes sense to me, because I've had similar dreams, just not of mean ghosts. Mine are all of my friend Ruth, and I welcome those. The scary dreams are all about the living, LOL.

    ReplyDelete