Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, the evil one strikes

I hate my job, it's like going to 9th grade homeroom with no teacher, every stinking day. We hired a new girl, yes, girl! She's all of 21 or so, and acts like 15. She's been on the job for a few days and I got the Privilege (Huh?) of training her tonight. I also got the honor of working with another 20 or so year old kid. Now the second one, she does work, now and then, a bit scattered, but she will work. Well, when she's not hiding in the supply closet to call her boyfriend, who, go figure, doesn't have a job.

So 9th grader number one, the new one, likes to text, giggle, text some more, and then show off her received texts. One was a toilet with a huge tongue in it. EWWWYUK was my response. Well, it that one wasn't good enough for me, she showed me another one. A naked fat guy on all fours, the joke was, "Watch out for Swine Flu". "Ok, put the thing back in your pocket" was my evil response. To my surprise, the phone flashed back in the pocket as though I had a gun to her head. If only...... Nyuk, nyuk!

I put her on a job and dragged her back to it half a dozen times. The deli was really slow, we should have been able to get all the work done an hour early.. Yeah, right.

At 40 minutes before closing I called across the [class] room and said, with great old-person-authority, "WE HAVE 40 MINUTES AND THIS PLACE IS A MESS! LET'S GET DONE HERE!"

Again, to my great surprise, both girls jumped like I had put a hot poker up.. well, you know the story.. After a few minutes of hard work, the boyfriend and a friend came up and the work stopped again. I was sloshing in the sink, (girl number two's job), when I heard the guy-friend say, "I'm wearing your panties", giggle giggle. The evil one, (that'd be me) whirled around and said, "Hey, stop that kind of talk, you are in public!". Stupid guy number 2 said, "We're not in public". DUH, stupid, you're in a STORE! "This IS public and you stop that kind of talk!" I scolded.

More surprise, the stupid oaf apologized. "We have 20 minutes", I bark, beginning to love this.

The boyfriend and his dumb guy-friend moved off and the wheels of production started again. We got done just before closing time, but there was one more thing that needed to get done, I had mentioned it several times over the course of the long 5 hours I had been forced to put up with this class, but it didn't get done. Both girls headed for the time clock, but I stopped girl # 1 and MADE her go do the undone chore before I would allow her to punch out.

I'm so evil! Nyuk, nyuk, loving it all the way!

2 comments:

  1. All Right!!!!! Good for you!! It never fails to amaze me how these kids with the massively false sense of entitlement will soar through life with no reprimand whatsoever. Think of it as a public service. That these kids' parents did not do a proper job in instilling a decent work ethic into these horrid young women, and now the rest of us have to pay for it. May as well be you that teaches them the right way to work at least.

    I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Karen, but it sure can be exhausting!

    ReplyDelete