Monday, May 4, 2009

Confused?? !!!









Life can be confusing... take my new job for example. Too many hands in the vegetable patch. I have a boss/owner. I have a farm manager, old fella, he is, all of about 25. I have a Chicken manager, young thing, pretty girl, tom-boyish type, all of 22.


I like her, hard worker, talker, she is, stories upon stories. "I've been to Hawaii" and "My niece and nephew are the best things since sliced bread", "Wanna hear my life's story? Great, my dad, my mother, my grandma, blah, blah". Great girl, I like her.



I'll start the story with her. She's worked there for a year, got promoted (if you can call it that) to supervisor over the chickens. Now, she KNOWS her job, does it well, and works her tail off. Explains what she wants her underlings to do in very clear terms, gets tough on the ones that want to goof off, yeah, I like her. I wonder if she's related to me? She's about as bossy as I am! Yup, I like her a lot. She got a day off, after working every day for two weeks straight. She got a ride to her sisters house, which is something like 80 miles from her car and her house. Mr. Farm Manager called her three, count-em, THREE times on her day off, doubted her honesty about where she was and what she was doing, made her cry three, count-em, THREE times that day. Why did he do that? He wanted her to come in NOW on her day off. Creep.


Speaking of three, I'll move on to my three, count-em THREE supervisors I had to deal with on Saturday. Mr. Farm Manager told me to work with supervisor One. Ok, One-guy is cool, gave me things to do, explained clearly what he wanted, we worked well together for about 1/2 and hour, until Mr. Hot-Shot Farm Manager came along, asked me what I was doing. Upon hearing my answer, his reply was that I wasn't to do things the way Mr. One told me, I was to do things HIS (Hot Shot's) way. OOOKAAAY. One went away dejected.

THEN supervisor Two comes along, asks me what I'm doing, I explain and get, "I'm running this operation, don't listen to anyone but me".

Great. Who's in charge here anyway? I looked around at the dozen or so people trying to get the job done, and I saw Organized Chaos. It took us about 12 hours to get 6 hours of work done. I've only been on the job one week and I'm flat-out exhausted.
I HATE, HATE, HATE to quit a job. Especially after one week. I think I'm going to end up doing just what I hate. These people are gonna kill me, either from stress or exhaustion.

I came home and checked my plants, the ones I planted in those new topsy turvy things, I feel like those plants, wondering which way is up..
Now I'm a tough cookie, see me on my brother's Harley. (Heh, looks like I'm riding, huh?), I can deal with confused plants, not confused people in the work place..
AND my cat hates me for leaving him every day. SHEESH!!!!

6 comments:

  1. UGH. Watch Office Space on your computer at work.

    Just kidding.

    These people sound like UTTER shitheads. Except for the darling 22 year old. She sounds like a doll. So do you. Everyone has a boss. Can you hang in there till the big one comes along?

    Sounds like you are relatively new there... Maybe things will calm down once they realize you know what you are doing?

    I'd listen to the nice ones, yes the shitheads to their satisfaction, and continue doing things in a way that makes sense to you. If they bitch about it, tell 'em that you are doing your job and to please leave you in peace with it. What have you got to lose? It's better than quitting...? Since you want to quit anyway. Sounds like a hazing to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the verification word was "retyr"... If only, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i thought that WAS your brother on the motorcycle. yikes! that bad-guy leather cap makes it hard to tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, thanks for the kind words, I'm hanging in there but that doesn't stop me from looking for better days!! Love your word! Farm manager guy harrassed me ALL day on my day off with phone calls I refused to answer! Hee hee hee....

    ReplyDelete
  5. FS, I'm just as bad as I look if you get me riled up, so any young kid/manager-type with a chip on his shoulder better wattchit!!!!

    ReplyDelete