Friday, February 27, 2009

Fletcher

I know of an old woman who had a hubby named Fletcher. Now this old woman was a typical old woman, bossy, grouchy and never, NEVER at fault for anything. Even if she really, really had nothing to do with what ever went wrong at the moment, is STILL wasn't her fault.

It's all Fletcher's doins' was her mantra. Hey, I like that, I think I'll create my own Fletcher....

Since I'm in overdrive learning just whose fault life is anyway, and if I can't figure it out I'll pass it on to Fletcher. He won't care, 1) He's dead and 2) he's used to carrying the worlds burdens on his shoulders.

So if this post doesn't make any sense... I'm covered.

Thanks, Fletcher!

I've learned that, Fletcher or no, someone else's problems are not my problem. Guilt can't be piled on me by anyone but me, myself and I.
Oops, that sounds like all my other personalities are coming forth. HEY, this is MY post. It's all Fletcher's doins'.

I've learned that not everyone that acts stupid or irritating is doing it on purpose. It just could be they can't help themselves. ( Did you ever know anyone who got up in the morning and reflected on who they could irritate today?) Fletcher, this is all your doins'.

I'm starting to figure out that people that behave in hurtful ways are probably hurting a TON more than they could hurt me. (Unless I let them hurt me).

That's called having empathy. Not that I want to, I want to choke the stuffins out of mean people, but that Fletcher, well, I think Fletcher is a bit of a trouble maker! What's that sound? Oh, I bet that's the far-away-other-side snicker of ol' Fletcher. After all, it's his doins'.

I've learned that I can only fix what's broken in me, I can't save the world and the people in it that are broken. No matter who they are.

I've learned that I can build a bridge to repair a rift, and maybe I can even extend my side a little more than half way, but I can't build the whole bridge. After all, bridges have two sides, mine and Fletchers. Oh, maybe not ol' Fletch every time, but if I can't get the other side of the bridge to meet my end, well, it's Fletcher's doins'.

Ol' Fletch must be well padded, because since I let him be my burden-carrier, my head doesn't hurt so much. I simply pound my head on him instead of some hard surface. Walls of concrete are the worst place... don't try that at home, I'm the professional here....

Hey, Thanks, Fletch, you're a life saver!

4 comments:

  1. DARN that Fletcher. He didn't clean up the kitchen today after stripping wall paper. I'm gonna have to have a talk with that old goat.


    great post, btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sure, Fletcher is not only available, he gets around. Just like a guy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm having second thoughts about subjecting myself to a week of relieving you. let's blame it on Fletcher when I don't show.


    JUST KIDDING. I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fletcher is gonna git you!!!!

    ReplyDelete