Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh where, oh where did my little Mom go?

My neighbor came over today to visit, well, really she came over because she figured if she didn't she would hear in the news about a woman who's head exploded and was splattered all over the room.

My head didn't explode but I'm still out of breath from running from one end of the house to the other, trying to do the wash (pee on bedding doesn't set well with me) and trying to keep Mom from falling backwards.

I would find her in a corner, her feet still trying to walk while she bumped, bumped, bumped against the wall. Her feeble voice calling out for me.... I'd get her back in her chair and tell her to SIT, STAY!! (Bad dog!) Then run back to the wash room before my wringer washer overflowed. Been there and done that, flooded the whole durned wash room last Saturday... Not doing it again if I can help it....

Run to the wash room, turn the water off, check on Mom, Oh, what corner is she in now? Not in her chair, not on the couch, not on the potty, Oh, THIS corner, how did she get there? "This way, Mom, now SIT, STAY! Ring the bell if you want to go somewhere." "I can't find the bell." Stupid answer, YES YOU CAN! screams the pre-teen in her mind. "Stay on this couch!"

All day I played hide and seek with her. In desperation I called Hospice. They sent the nurse, under the guise of checking her blood pressure but really to give me an hour to go stomp around my wonderful 11 acres. So Stomp is just what I did and it felt good! I came back in after one glorious hour and let the poor trapped nurse go. She said that Mom tried to kick her out. "You don't need to stay, my daughter can feed the horses without you here," and "My daughter is just crying wolf."

Bless the nurse, she told Mom she couldn't go until she got her paper work caught up. Another day bites the dust. Wonder what thrills tomorrow will bring?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that is an awesome picture and you are a most excellent writer!

    "I would find her in a corner, her feet still trying to walk while she bumped, bumped, bumped against the wall."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep encouraging me.... maybe there's a book in all this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete